LIMITED EDITION SET! Only 1000 made in honor of the 150th Anniversary of the completion of the transcontinental railroad ceremony on May 10, 1869. The set comes with 2 amazing locomotives with sound. It is easy to set up and a great collector’s item as well as a great starter set!
This is the first time I have used DCC (I have been using old school DC for the longest). Really enjoy setting it up and being able to control both locomotives with one controller. Really neat!
Here is more information about the Transcontinental Set:
“East meets West! History was made 150 years ago when the Transcontinental Railroad was completed in Promontory, Utah on May 10, 1869. A face-to-face meeting of two locomotives and the driving of silver and golden spikes to join the last two sections of track were the climax of the famous Golden Spike ceremony. Now you can celebrate this momentous event with the DCC sound-equipped Transcontinental train. This Limited Edition ready-to-run set has everything you need to get started in digital model railroading. It includes Bachmann’s exclusive, easy-to-use E-Z Command® digital system that lets you independently control the sound, speed, direction, and lighting of two decoder-equipped 4-4-0 commemorative locomotives. Relive all the sights and sounds of this historic meeting with the Transcontinental with Digital Sound!
This digitally controlled train set features:
• Collectors’ Card with an individual production number for this Limited Edition set (only 1000 sets produced)
• DCC sound-equipped 4-4-0 American (Central Pacific #60 “Jupiter”) with wood tender and operating headlight
• DCC sound-equipped 4-4-0 American (Union Pacific® #119) with coal tender and operating headlight
• old-time coach (Central Pacific)
• old-time combine (Union Pacific®)
• E-Z Command® Control Center with wall pack and plug-in wiring
• 56″ x 38″ oval of nickel silver E-Z Track®, including 12 pieces curved track, 4 pieces straight track, 1 terminal rerailer, 1 manual turnout – left, under-track magnet with brakeman figure, and 1 Hayes bumper
• body-mounted E-Z Mate® couplers
• illustrated instruction manual”
Disclaimer: This video is sponsored by Trainworld.com.
A look at my Percy & The Troublesome Trucks model trains in N Scale, HO Scale, O scale, and G Scale! The N Scale is by Tomix. The HO Scale is by Bachmann Trains. The O Scale is by Lionel. And the G Scale is by Bachmann Trains.
Here is a video of the N Scale Tomix Percy (had to get it on ebay):